How to find the IP address of the Host Macintosh

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to find the IP address of the Host Macintosh

Postby regpaling » 04. November 2021 12:50

I have a web service running on the host Macintosh, and I need to be able to access it from PHP in XAMPP.
In my development environment, the IP address of the host Macintosh is 10.108.108.78, but when deployed to my end users it may be different.
How can my PHP scripts refer to the host Macintosh?
Thanks,
Reg Paling
regpaling

XAMPP version: 1
Operating System: macOS

Re: How to find the IP address of the Host Macintosh

Postby Nobbie » 05. November 2021 15:00

What is meant by "host MacIntosh"? Can you explain more precisely which servers (hardware / software) you are running and how they are connected to each other?
Nobbie

Postby regpaling » 05. November 2021 22:35

Thanks for jumping in, Nobbie. When I asked the question, I didn't realise the distinction between XAMPP and XAMPP-VM. I had installed the VM version on my laptop, so my laptop was the host of the VM. I've now installed XAMPP without the VM and I have it working fine.
regpaling

XAMPP version: 1
Operating System: macOS

Postby evelinshuk » 19. November 2021 14:00

To find your IP address on a Mac, go to System Preferences > Network and select your connection in the left sidebar. Then click Advanced > TCP/IP and you will see your computer's IP address next to IPv4 Address and your router's IP address next to Router. Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
evelinshuk

XAMPP version: 7.3.25
Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Return to XAMPP for macOS