downlad file not working

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

downlad file not working

Postby webdevadriaan » 11. March 2021 08:57

Hi there
I am trying to install XAMPP on my MAC. OS Catalina.
The problem is that it seems like my MAC doesnt know what to do with this file. When I double click the .bz2 file it runs the Archive Utility app which while processing the file states a message: "archiving xampp-osx-7.4.15-0-vm.bz2", creating a .cpgz file. When clicking the .cpgz file, it "unzips" it creating another .bz2 file.... ?????
Then when I tried using the Terminal I used the command:
bunzip2 xampp-osx-7.4.15-0-vm.bz2
terminal prints the message: "bunzip2: xampp-osx-7.4.15-0-vm.bz2: trailing garbage after EOF ignored"
and creates an extensionless file "xampp-osx-7.4.15-0-vm". I tried renaming this file to a .dmg and run it like an install file, moving it into the application folder, then got the following message:
"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “XAMPP” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)".
Strangely when hovering over the download link, the target preview bottom left of the browzer window indicates that it is a .dmg file, but after clicking the download link, it starts downloading a .bz2 file. I can find no help to deal with this issue.
webdevadriaan

XAMPP version: 8.02
Operating System: OS Catalina

Re: downlad file not working

Postby hithere » 23. March 2021 09:24

Hi, I had the same issue.
When I clicked on install, it showed bz2 extension. I just renamed it to .dmg and it worked perfectly.
hithere

XAMPP version: 8.0.3
Operating System: Mac OS

Return to XAMPP for macOS