Permissions Xampp for MacOs Mojave

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Permissions Xampp for MacOs Mojave

Postby lacementera » 08. March 2021 11:17

Hi all, hope you are all good.

I'm running Xampp for MacOs Mojave and have issues with permissions as in I have to manually change folder create via Visual Code. I do by right click in the folder or file >> get info >> Sharing & Permissions I>> there I change from read only to read & write. My guess is that there is must be some sort of settings or change that I can do through my terminal in order to get this auto?

Also, while doing a project I received this message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused when trying to connect to ddbb. I have been not able to connect and again, it seems related to permissions.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
lacementera

XAMPP version: 7.4.10-0
Operating System: macOs Mojave 10.14.6

Re: Permissions Xampp for MacOs Mojave

Postby Nopixies » 18. March 2021 17:07

Yes permissions are a backside pain... if you are using VM-XAMPP on Macs they follow a different set of rules for which users access which applications and the VM controls those user groups. To set permissions you have to use SSH to actually change permissions and some files use a chgflag rule set on some files/folders you have to check each of these...

If you are using the Mac OSx XAMP local then some of the permissions share owner with your admin usr but the way wordpress behaves some of the flags are set so that only the root admin can actually change the permissions and because the OSx system is controlling the apps permissions files get wacky and will not allow recursive changes to certain files... big pain to go to each file and see if the changes need to be handled individually.

Good luck... especially if you are trying to develop local and are migrating to a cloud service.
Nopixies

XAMPP version: XAMPP-VM
Operating System: MacOS

Re: Permissions Xampp for MacOs Mojave

Postby lacementera » 24. April 2021 17:35

Hi Nopixies. Thanks for the reply and sorry for thanking you sooooo late. I have made some progress but it is really a big pain.

I have found some relieve in the following post however, if anyone could add some more info or comments on whether those solutions are recommendable I'd good be grateful to read them.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9046977/xampp-permissions-on-mac-os-x?newreg=e59a9cbaf1b849c8969c06aa4041b401

Thanks again!
lacementera

XAMPP version: 7.4.10-0
Operating System: macOs Mojave 10.14.6

Return to XAMPP for macOS