phpMyAdmin Help Please!

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpMyAdmin Help Please!

Postby twilitegxa » 26. February 2021 17:09

I have not used Xampp in several years and I wanted to get back into coding, but I have installed Xampp on my Mac and now when I try to access phpMyAdmin, I am getting this error:

Error MySQL said: Documentation

Cannot connect: invalid settings. mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I don't know how to fix this. I have tried editing the config.ini.php file but I apparently do not have the permissions to do so and i do not know how to change the permissions. I have read you can do this via terminal, but I am not able to figure any of this out. Can anyone please help me?

I tried typing this command into Terminal:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin

And this is the error message displayed:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE = (unset), LC_ALL = (unset), LANG = "en_US.UTF-8" are supported and installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C"). debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog debconf: (No usable dialog-like program is installed, so the dialog based frontend cannot be used. at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/Dialog.pm line 76.) debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Readline debconf: (Can't locate Term/ReadLine.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Term::ReadLine module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/Readline.pm line 7.) debconf: falling back to frontend: Teletype dpkg-query: package 'phpmyadmin' is not installed and no information is available Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files. /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: phpmyadmin is not installed
twilitegxa

XAMPP version: 7.4.15-0-vm.dmg
Operating System: Mac OSX

Re: phpMyAdmin Help Please!

Postby FGuzels » 08. March 2021 08:36

Hi,
You should go 'Open Terminal' on Xampp Panel.. Then, You can write 'chmod 777 /opt/lampp/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php' in terminal. (without quotes)
After you've done your editing, type 'chmod 644 /opt/lampp/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php' and then type 'exit' and restart Xampp.

One more thing, I am also having the 1045 error, but editing in the config file did not solve my problem. I don't think this change will fix the problem.
FGuzels

XAMPP version: 1.0.3
Operating System: MacOs

Return to XAMPP for macOS