can not change password in config.inc.php

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

can not change password in config.inc.php

Postby asg69 » 27. January 2021 13:42

Hello everybody.

I installed XAMPP 7.4.14 on Mac Big Sur. Works fine in beginning.

Then I changed the password. So |I can't get in the server anymore. It seems I need to change the config.inc.php file.

I've tried to do this, but return a message that this file is protect and I have no permission to change.

I've tried on Mac Terminal, but the same problem.

I read that some people can change using the terminal button in XAMPP window, but I click there and nothing happened.

I already tried to reinstall the XAMP and an older version as well, but as I already have this version installed once it assumes the same configuration.

Can anyone help me. I'm not an expert.

Thanks in advanced.
asg69

XAMPP version: 7.4.14
Operating System: Mac OS

Re: can not change password in config.inc.php

Postby Nobbie » 27. January 2021 20:41

Do NOT install VM Version of Xampp, install non-VM version.

Unfortunately Bitnami hides the versions, compare the sizes of the installer files. The VM version (which i do NOT recommend) has TWICE the size than the non-VM Version.

VM Version means, that Xampp is installed in a Virtual Machine. That is the reason for your problems about write protection. In the non-VM Version, Xampp is installed directly into your filesystem and you can access all files without any hassels.
Nobbie

Re: can not change password in config.inc.php

Postby asg69 » 28. January 2021 20:56

Thank you Noobie,

Now I can edit the config.inc.php. I could advancing little moore. I wrote the password inside the file, then in the authentication page was the following error:

mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

After read and try a lot of things I wrote that line:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'HTTP'; instead of $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';

I don´t know what this do or if it is recommendable, but now I can access, directly, without password.
I'd like to use a password, because prestashop, but I'm afraid this is not possible anymore

Thanks for the help.
asg69

XAMPP version: 7.4.14
Operating System: Mac OS

Return to XAMPP for macOS