XAMPP for dummies (like me) :)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP for dummies (like me) :)

Postby fromberlinwithlove » 01. October 2020 17:10

Good evening Apache Friends,
I'm having a personal war with Xampp and wordpress since yesterday.

To be honest, I'm not a professional and I'm trying for the first time to create my first website all by myself.

I installed Xampp and Wordpress successfully, but now I'm trying to install a Theme that I bought from Theme Forest and I can't go on because I need to enter FTP credentials. Without the FTP credentials I can't install the theme.The Theme Error says "To perform the required action, WordPress needs some information to access the web server. To proceed, enter your FTP credentials. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web hosting provider."

The hosting provider in this case of local creation is Xampp, right?

I searched everywhere in folder, by google, by myphpadmin, no way.
Yesterday when I installed Xampp I just downloaded it (and connected with wordpress) and was not requested any user and pw.
I also tried with user "root" and nothing on pw. But doesn't work.

Can someone help me to understand where I have to look to insert this FTP credentials? (Preferably in a very dummy way, easy to understand for a new coming like me).
Thank you in advance.
A.
fromberlinwithlove

XAMPP version: 7.4.10-0-vm.dmg
Operating System: Mac

Re: XAMPP for dummies (like me) :)

Postby Nobbie » 01. October 2020 23:19

You need to install an FTP server and configure it properly in order to fit the needs of wordpress. This surely exceeds the skill of a dummy, but thats as it is.
Nobbie

Re: XAMPP for dummies (like me) :)

Postby fromberlinwithlove » 03. October 2020 11:23

Thank you Nobbie for your suggestion. I will try to follow it :)
fromberlinwithlove

XAMPP version: 7.4.10-0-vm.dmg
Operating System: Mac

Return to XAMPP for macOS