XAMPP 7.4.7 NOT WORKS ON MAC OS BIG SUR

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: XAMPP 7.4.7 NOT WORKS ON MAC OS BIG SUR

Postby atticusat » 20. November 2020 12:51

I also got the mount error initially.

What worked was copying ALL of the contents of my old .bitnami folder and replacing the new one. Then delete the hyperkit file.

After doing this it mounted for me and I got my files back!
atticusat

XAMPP version: 7.4.12
Operating System: MacOS Big Sur

Postby Manhattan » 20. November 2020 15:16

So after trying a few of the things suggested here (deleting hyperkit, but got the mount error), I've found a simple solution that works for me. I hope it helps others too.

1. Rename your .bitnami folder in your *user* directory to .bitnami_old
2. Rename your XAMPP application in your application folder to XAMPP_old
3. Install the latest version of XAMPP: xampp-osx-7.4.12-0-vm (https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/7.4.12/xampp-osx-7.4.12-0-vm.dmg)
4. Quit XAMPP if it automatically opened
4. Copy all of the contents of .bitnami_old to the newly generated .bitnami folder.
5. Delete the hyperkit file found in .bitnami > stackman > helpers.
6. Start the new XAMPP, start and mount should work and your files should all be restored.
(7.) Make sure you backup your databases and htdocs before the next major MacOS release!

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for your help atticusat, I quickly recovered all my work on the vm without installing debian (the other method given in this thread). You saved me weeks of work, deeply appreciated :)
Manhattan

Operating System: MacOS Big Sur

Postby DennisV » 20. November 2020 16:27

deemaazizn wrote:
DennisV wrote:No need to extract any thing.
Just delete the hyperkit, start the vm and the message about mac is gone, mount drive, recover files, and db.

I guess that by "delete de hyperkit" you mean execute rm -rf ~/.bitnami/stackman
I did that, but I get a vanilla XAMPP VM install so I lost all my files and db tables

DennisV wrote:No by deleting the hyperkit i mean:

cd ~/.bitnami/stackman/helpers
look for a file named "hyperkit", delete it!

Start you VM and all is well.

DON'T DELETE THE WHOLE STACKMANN FOLDER, JUST THE HYPERKIT FILE!

deemaazizn wrote:You Are A GENIUS MAN I delete HYPERKIT and viola I retrieved all my files THANNNNNKKKKSSSS You saved me months of work.

You're welcome...
DennisV

Operating System: OSX Big Sur

Postby bou3lem » 27. November 2020 14:02

atticusat wrote:So after trying a few of the things suggested here (deleting hyperkit, but got the mount error), I've found a simple solution that works for me. I hope it helps others too.

3. Install the latest version of XAMPP: xampp-osx-7.4.12-0-vm (https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/7.4.12/xampp-osx-7.4.12-0-vm.dmg)
4. Copy all of the contents of .bitnami_old to the newly generated .bitnami folder.
6. Start the new XAMPP, start and mount should work and your files should all be restored.
(7.) Make sure you backup your databases and htdocs before the next major MacOS release!

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you a lot atticusat, you've really save us a lot of working hours I don't forget your heros act Bro Thanks again , deeply appreciated :)
bou3lem

XAMPP version: 7.12
Operating System: macos

Postby hatano » 03. December 2020 09:51

atticusat wrote:So after trying a few of the things suggested here (deleting hyperkit, but got the mount error), I've found a simple solution that works for me. I hope it helps others too.

Hope this helps someone!

Dear atticusat and some people who led us to solve this problem,

I would like to thank you for all of your kind help.
I am a lecturer at a university in Japan.
Some of my undergraduate students suffered from the trouble of XAMPP on Big sur for almost a month...
The solution that you suggested works very well and my students eventually could get back all of their programs that they developed this year.
Deeply appreciated.
hatano

Operating System: Windows 10 pro

Postby xert » 24. December 2020 17:07

Here is a very good explanation wich worked for me well (VM) version: https://medium.com/@sameerphad72/solved-and-restored-data-xampp-not-working-after-updating-to-mac-os-big-sur-5ecaad3e05be .
xert

XAMPP version: 1.3.0-0
Operating System: macOs Big Sur

Previous

Return to XAMPP for macOS