Install Elementor on wordpress localhost MacOs

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Install Elementor on wordpress localhost MacOs

Postby bssadhu » 26. December 2019 18:12

Hello everybody
I installed XAMPP and after setup a localhost and installed wordpress. Now I would like to install elementor but the following window pops up

Connection Information

Unable to connect to the filesystem. Please confirm your credentials.

To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host.
Hostname
FTP Username
FTP Password This password will not be stored on the server.
Connection Type
FTP
FTPS (SSL)

Where do I get my FTP username?
Thx a lot
bssadhu

XAMPP version: 7.3.12
Operating System: MacOs

Re: Install Elementor on wordpress localhost MacOs

Postby Nobbie » 27. December 2019 20:25

As your WordPress installation is a local installation (localhost), there is no need at all to use FTP for installations purpose. You should disable FTP in wp_config.php (ask in a WordPress forum if in doubt, this forum is NOT a WordPress support forum).

Normally a FTP server accesses the user data of the operating system. This includes your login data (for example).

If you want to provide WordPress via FTP (instead of just using normal file access, which is no problem because your server is in front of you and not somewhere on the internet), then you also have to create a user (in the system, not in WordPress!) whose home directory is the start directory of the WordPress installation. This requires a certain amount of IT knowledge and understanding.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS