Mail Function

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mail Function

Postby IvanIvan » 21. November 2019 17:30

Hi,

I am having trouble with installing pear and net_smtp modules on my xamph I run on mac, I should open terminal and run command, but i don't know which command, I need these modules to send mails from localhost.
IvanIvan

XAMPP version: 7.3.11
Operating System: macosx

Re: Mail Function

Postby Nobbie » 21. November 2019 19:59

We also dont know the command, which you *should* run. How can we??

Anyway, sending Emails from a private PC (localhost) is not only extremely difficult as you need to install and configure a full featured SMTP server (what is really difficult), you also will face the problem that MOST Email servers (like gmx etc.) will block your emails coming from private IPs, as they fear SPAM emails, which mostly are coming from private servers.

If you really need to send emails to customers, you should go for a professional webhoster including email support. Xampp is not suited for email support.
Nobbie

Re: Mail Function

Postby pascal2020 » 02. February 2020 10:41

Nobbie wrote:... Xampp is not suited for email support.

Hi everyone, in my opinion Xampp allows sending emails. I realized some PHP pages on Windows. I only modified sendmail.ini and php.ini files so that Xampp is able to send messages by emails. Now I'ld like make the same on my Mac provided of Catalina OS.Please, someone can help me? :)
pascal2020

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 7 and 10

Return to XAMPP for macOS