Unable to load dynamic library

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Unable to load dynamic library

Postby Halunke » 20. June 2019 15:05

Hi everyone, :D

Actually I am very new at this and didnt find a solution on google for my issue. I just downloaded the new Version of Xampp and install Laravel with composer. Until here i didnt have any error messages but when i start to working i became error messages, see below.

(In this case command "php artisan migrate" is used to create a Database)

I receive following error message;

Code: Select all
  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll' - dlopen(/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll, 0x0009): dlopen(): file not found: /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll in Unknown on line 0

UnexpectedValueException  : The stream or file "/Users/tahaguener/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/volumes/root/htdocs/blog/storage/logs/laravel-2019-06-20.log" could not be opened: failed to open stream: Permission denied

at /Users/tahaguener/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/volumes/root/htdocs/blog/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/StreamHandler.php:107
    103|             }
    104|             restore_error_handler();
    105|             if (!is_resource($this->stream)) {
    106|                 $this->stream = null;
  > 107|                 throw new \UnexpectedValueException(sprintf('The stream or file "%s" could not be opened: '.$this->errorMessage, $this->url));
    108|             }
    109|         }
    110|
    111|         if ($this->useLocking) {

Exception trace:

1   Monolog\Handler\StreamHandler::write()
      /Users/tahaguener/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/volumes/root/htdocs/blog/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/RotatingFileHandler.php:119

2   Monolog\Handler\RotatingFileHandler::write()
      /Users/tahaguener/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/volumes/root/htdocs/blog/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/AbstractProcessingHandler.php:39

Please use the argument -v to see more details.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException  : PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll' - dlopen(/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll, 0x0009): dlopen(): file not found: /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll

at Unknown:0
    1|

I tried with removing the semicolon on php.ini -> (;) extension=php_openssl.dll and started Apache new but nothing happens.

The second thing is, when i put command php -v you will see that my PHP Version is 7.1.23 but when i go on Localhost/dashboard there is PHP Version 7.3.0

Code: Select all
php -v
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll' - dlopen(/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll, 0x0009): dlopen(): file not found: /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/php_openssl.dll in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.1.23 (cli) (built: Feb 22 2019 22:19:32) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. :?: :?:

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Halunke

XAMPP version: 7.3.6
Operating System: Mac OS

Re: Unable to load dynamic library

Postby Nobbie » 20. June 2019 23:13

Get you a Windows PC, DLLs do not run on OSX.
Nobbie

Postby Halunke » 21. June 2019 13:08

Unfortunately this is not a option for me :)

Then the question is, is there any option to change this "php_openssl.dll" file to a running MAC OS file?
Halunke

XAMPP version: 7.3.6
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby Nobbie » 21. June 2019 13:16

Ask Laravel for an Mac OSX installation incl. installation procedure. Maybe you simply followed the wrong installation advice, but also maybe there is no OSX version. I dont know Laravel.

P.S.: Actually, i found some hints for macOS installation, i think you simply followed an invalid installation documentation (i.e. for Windows) or did something wrong by yourself. Anyway, you cannot run DLLs on macOSX, i dont know if the corresponding modules (typically *.so) exists in Xampp for OSX or if the extensions already are compiled into the PHP interpreter. A phpinfo() in a clean new Xampp shows you all extensions already running.

Keep in mind that Xampp for OSX comes in two flavours, one "normal" OSX installation and one VM (VirtualMachine) installation, that runs in an Linux Host environment, what means, in that case you have to follow the Linux installation procedure for Laravel.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS