Accessing XAMPP-VM via LAN

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Accessing XAMPP-VM via LAN

Postby clevergroom » 08. April 2019 21:59

Hi, I'm an idiot, so please bear with me if this question seems simplistic or obvious. I've been searching high and low for over an hour without any answers.

I'm running XAMPP-VM 7.3.2-0 on a Mac and trying to connect from my Windows desktop via LAN. The Mac's Firewall is inactive. Everything I try to do using its IP results in ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Is this because I'm using XAMPP-VM, vs. XAMPP? If so, which version should I be running in order to ? There's no distinction between XAMPP-VM and XAMPP on the Mac downloads. Are they all VM at this point? How far back would I have to degrade before I'd get the most current version without VM?

Otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss. Most of the sources I've found have said that I should be able to type in the IP, and Bob's your uncle. Grateful for any help you can provide!
clevergroom

XAMPP version: 7.3.2-0
Operating System: Mac OS

Re: Accessing XAMPP-VM via LAN

Postby clevergroom » 09. April 2019 04:42

Update

I reinstalled XAMPP without VM (thanks to the recent post about the file-size disparities between VM and non-VM versions) and it works over my LAN as expected. So far, so good.

Now I can't install MediaWiki on the new XAMPP install. It throws errors to the effect of "Warning: preg_match(): JIT compilation failed: no more memory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/mediawiki/includes/parser/Parser.php on line 1138". I upped max_execution_time to 600 and memory_limit to 512M in php.ini, but it didn't help.

Grateful for any thoughts anybody might have on this new issue!
clevergroom

XAMPP version: 7.3.2-0
Operating System: Mac OS

Re: Accessing XAMPP-VM via LAN

Postby Nobbie » 10. April 2019 02:27

512M is still not enough (obviously). Maybe you try to import a huge database?
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS