Bug with the time with the VM version of xAMPP

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Bug with the time with the VM version of xAMPP

Postby Semon » 28. November 2018 05:18

I think I have found a bug with the VM version of xAMPP on MacOS

I had posted a support question here https://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=77614 but now I think I now know what is causing it.
If I put my mac to sleep while the VM is running, the VM time is paused. But when I wake my mac back up again, instead of the VM time syncing with the new local time, it just resumes. For e.g, if the mac and VM time is 2:00 pm, then I put my mac to sleep for one and a half hours, when I wake it again, the Mac time will be 3:30 pm but the VM time will still be 2:00 pm.

So I guess what should happen is when the mac is woken up again, then the VM does a time sync to refresh to the new mac time.

Computer specs if this is needed,
MacBook Pro 13" 2017 TouchBar i5 8GB RAM running MacOS 10.14.1

Hope this is fixed :)
Thanks
Semon

XAMPP version: VM
Operating System: MacOS 10.14.1

Re: Bug with the time with the VM version of xAMPP

Postby Nobbie » 28. November 2018 12:03

Semon wrote:Hope this is fixed :)

I dont think so, as the VM itself is NOT a Bitnami product and this is a general error of the VM, not an error of Bitnami. If you know the developer of the VM itself, you might ask them to fix that issue, Bitnami only uses this VM for the delivery of this special Xampp-VM version.

Anyway, in my mind only one reason more NOT to use the VM version. I hardly can find any advantages, but there are many problems with the VM version (at least see this forum, most questions are concerns about the VM version).
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS