MySQL Database does not run

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL Database does not run

Postby gbsantos » 04. June 2018 10:51

My system is: High Sierra, version 10.13.4
I'm running XAMPP version 7.2.5/ PHP 7.2.5

I recently installed XAMPP on my computer (details just above), but I cannot get the MySQL database to run. I had no problems with the ProFTPD nor with the Apache Web Server.
The Application log does not provide any useful information about the origin of the problem. It simply says "Starting MySQL Database..." and after a while the status of MySQL Database becomes "Stopped".
Since I am a beginner at this, I'm not sure what other details might be useful for someone to suggest a solution. But if you think that you can help me solve this problem, just let me know.
Thank you in advance for any help.
gbsantos

XAMPP version: 7.1-17-0
Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Re: MySQL Database does not run

Postby gbsantos » 04. June 2018 22:23

I have been able to solve the problem.
I followed these steps:
1 - Complete these instructions: https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/uninstall-mysql-mac-os-x
2 - Uninstall XAMPP
3 - Install XAMPP again.

I tried running the MySQL Database after step 1. Nevertheless, I was still running into the same problem. I tried several things that people suggested in other forums (changing files to "read only"; changing ports and adding lines to my.cnf file...) without success. So I went through with steps 2 and 3. Now all three servers are working.
gbsantos

XAMPP version: 7.1-17-0
Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Return to XAMPP for macOS