Sessions start failed

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Sessions start failed

Postby OmeJan » 23. April 2018 12:00

OSX 11.0.1
XAMPP 7.2.3.
New to the forum, so I am sorry if this has been posted before. I have searched on this problem here on the forum and googled it, but I can't get a working answer for my problem.
When I start developing a site on XAMPP on localhost I get this:

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/temp/) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/HWNew/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session

All maps and submaps are made writeable.

Strangely enough it worked before, because I was able to create HWNew and installed a fresh Joomla 3.8.5. But somehow I cannot get on the localhost site as an administrator, nor be able to see the site live local.

What can be the cause and how can I solve this ?

If you need more info, I'll be glad to deliver...

Best regards,

Jan.
OmeJan

XAMPP version: 7.2.3.
Operating System: OSX 11.0.1

Re: Sessions start failed

Postby Nobbie » 23. April 2018 18:55

I dont think that Xampp is the right forum for you, that looks as a plain Joomla problem, or not?! I have no idea what to change in Xampp in order to solve these problems. What is "HWNew" in Xampp, what are maps and submaps in Xampp??
Nobbie

Postby OmeJan » 26. April 2018 09:03

Google learned that thuis might have something to do with PHP settings and/or the version of php. Which is to my knowledge a part of XAMPP.
HWNew is a path name, maps are maps as in maps, you have a directory XAMPP, and the directory XAMPP has subdirectories etc...
So hence the post here.
OmeJan

XAMPP version: 7.2.3.
Operating System: OSX 11.0.1

Postby Nobbie » 26. April 2018 11:32

OmeJan wrote:So hence the post here.

Still wrong.

Of course these settings are part of PHP - but the question OF COURSE is, why does your Joomla fail? You either changed something in Xampps configuration or Joomla did. Sessions do not fail out of the Box in Xampp, Xampp/PHP is configured properly to support sessions. You wont get a solution from this forum, thats what i tried to tell you. Its on you where to go.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS