Word Press Fatal Error Newbie HELP!

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Word Press Fatal Error Newbie HELP!

Postby Thobson » 23. February 2018 09:32

Hello,

I am new to developing wordpress on my local machine and using XAMPP. So far I have been able to work on designing a wordpress site. But now I am getting an error when I click in to edit one of my pages. It is only happening on this particular page where most my content lives.

The error reads: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40960 bytes) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889

I have read about increasing the memory limit but that does not seem to be what this file or line is and I have added code to the wp-config.php to increase the memory but it did not help.

I am hoping this is a simple fix and someone much more familiar with all of this can easily help!

Thank you very much
Thobson

XAMPP version: 7.2.1-0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.13.3

Re: Word Press Fatal Error Newbie HELP!

Postby Nobbie » 23. February 2018 21:26

Thobson wrote: and I have added code to the wp-config.php to increase the memory but it did not help.

I have no idea what you did with wp-config.php, but anyway, you *should* edit php.ini and increase memory_limit, then restart Apache.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS