Let me throw this over the plate... mysql start/stop script?

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Let me throw this over the plate... mysql start/stop script?

Postby karlkras » 17. November 2017 17:57

On this version of xampp for Mac, what script is used for starting and stopping the mysql instance? Anyone?
karlkras

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Let me throw this over the plate... mysql start/stop scr

Postby Nobbie » 17. November 2017 18:51

From the FAQ https://www.apachefriends.org/faq_osx.html

How do I start XAMPP?
To start XAMPP simply open XAMPP Control and start Apache, MySQL and ProFTPD. The name of the XAMPP Control is "manager-osx".
Nobbie

Postby karlkras » 18. November 2017 18:08

Nobbie wrote:From the FAQ https://www.apachefriends.org/faq_osx.html

How do I start XAMPP?
To start XAMPP simply open XAMPP Control and start Apache, MySQL and ProFTPD. The name of the XAMPP Control is "manager-osx".

No, I'd like the know what the bash script is for controlling this from the terminal. Please don't make me out to be more ignorant than I already am.
karlkras

Operating System: Windows 10

Postby Nobbie » 21. November 2017 13:11

I dont know if there is (still) a script for OSX; in Linux there is a script called "lampp" (what is linked/points to a script "xampp"), which is stored in the root folder of Xampp (in Linux /opt/lampp, in OSX probably something like /Applications/Xampp or so). The script should be called with root permissions (i.e. via "sudo") and the basic syntax is:

Code: Select all
sudo ./lampp start
sudo ./lampp stop
sudo ./lampp restart

These commands will start/stop/restart all Xampp tools together. To start only Apache or MySQL or FTP etc., there are these options:

sudo ./lampp startapache
sudo ./lampp startmysql

etc.pp.

Help and a full syntax table is available via "help" option:

sudo ./lampp help

Maybe you simply have to replace "lampp" by "xampp" or so in order to execute the OSX Xampp script (if there is any). I dont know, but as OSX is very similar to Linux (and as there is also a shell interpreter), i think there should be the same script for OSX as well.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS