XAMPP VM NOT WORKING

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP VM NOT WORKING

Postby Abbey43 » 11. October 2017 01:36

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to reinstall XAMPP without saving any changes that I made? I want a complete fresh start, the app is not working and I don't know what to do.

I got in trouble because I changed my PHPMyAdmin password and then it wouldn't let me enter the page anymore. I couldn't edit config.inc.php to change the password because the file was protected.
I was looking to reinstall the application so I could get a fresh start, because I tried deleting xampp and installing it again, but I don't know why it always opens with the same htdocs files that I had, and PHPMyAdmin not letting me to enter.

So anyway, I made things worse. I used these settings because I found that this way I could reinstall it completely new.

sudo /opt/lampp/lampp stop
sudo chmod +x /opt/lampp/uninstall
sudo /opt/lampp/uninstall
sudo rm -R /opt/lampp

But I ended up deleting the lampp folder and I can no longer use XAMPP. There's nothing in the folder, I can't start the services nor can I mount the folder. I just want a fresh start in the application otherwise I'll have to search for an alternative.
Abbey43

XAMPP version: VM
Operating System: Mac OSX

Re: XAMPP VM NOT WORKING

Postby Beltran » 24. October 2017 07:55

Hi,

At this point I think the best option is to re-download the new version. If you already removed the /opt/lampp folder you loose all the data from your previous installation. You should also remove the ~/.bitnami folder where the image is saved, that way it will be fully replaced with the new one.
Beltran
Power-User

XAMPP version: 10
Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X

Re: XAMPP VM NOT WORKING

Postby Nobbie » 24. October 2017 09:31

I really wonder that there is any /opt/lampp folder in an OSX installation? My linux server is running in /opt/lampp, but does OSX as well?
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS