New XAMPP-VM can't find files: vhost document root & others

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

New XAMPP-VM can't find files: vhost document root & others

Postby petruza » 29. August 2017 17:34

Versions: OSX 10.11.6 & XAMPP 7.1.8

I just upgraded to XAMPP 7.1.8 for OSX
I added some vhosts to the conf, but I see in the error_log that Apache can't find the specified documentRoot, it happens the same with the xdedbug php extension, so it seems the new VM architecture has problems finding files in the host system?
The paths are correct, the files are there, they are working in a previous XAMPP installation.

Code: Select all
Failed loading /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/xdebug.so:  /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/xdebug.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/Users/petruza/Source] does not exist
petruza

Re: New XAMPP-VM can't find files: vhost document root & oth

Postby Nobbie » 30. August 2017 09:42

XAMPP-VM is a VirtualMachine running in its own environment. Therefore there is no /User/petruza from the view of XAMPP-VM. I dont know if there is a kind of Explorer for that Virtual Machine, but it seems to be easier not to run XAMPP-VM, but instead install the "standard" XAMPP OSX version.
Nobbie

Postby petruza » 30. August 2017 15:46

Oh I thought that might be the reason, but as the httpd.conf had both references to "etc/" and also "/opt/lampp/etc/" I thought maybe the VM had external access after all.
Oh now I see, I thought the VM was the only version available for MacOS, I'm downloading the vanilla version now, thanks.
petruza

Postby PhoenixFnX » 09. June 2019 11:08

Thank, I also thought the VM was the only version.
But how about being able to run OSX source code from the VM ?
How can I sort of mount my local folder from the VM ?

I am running PHPStorm on a local projetct folder, I want to run it directly from the VM without "deploying" my files.
PhoenixFnX

XAMPP version: 7.3.6
Operating System: Osx - Windows

Return to XAMPP for macOS