How to use MySql from terminal in XAMPP 7.1

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to use MySql from terminal in XAMPP 7.1

Postby NikPol » 17. August 2017 20:07

Hi all,
How to use MySQL from terminal? In tutorial said that need type "/Applications/xampp/bin/mysql -u root" to create new user, but it's for old version, in XAMPP 7.1 these folders are not even exist. How do it in XAMPP 7.1.7? System: Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.5.
NikPol

XAMPP version: 7.1.7
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: How to use MySql from terminal in XAMPP 7.1

Postby Nobbie » 17. August 2017 21:20

Simply use existing folders instead.
Nobbie

Postby NikPol » 17. August 2017 22:07

Nobbie wrote:Simply use existing folders instead.

May be you could say where i can find them? Because i have not any folders in "Applications/XAMPP..." which contain something about MySQL
NikPol

Postby Nobbie » 17. August 2017 23:03

How do you run Xampp if you dont know any folder?
Nobbie

Postby NikPol » 18. August 2017 08:26

Nobbie wrote:How do you run Xampp if you dont know any folder?

Click on XAMPP icon in menu?) It's everything i have in XAMPP directory https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4XQAlROuHoSSVcxWnlHVGpYWXM, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4XQAlROuHoSRDNJSzJzeUtVYVE, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4XQAlROuHoSWk56Njl4eGpmRkU. And by the way, I have not get any useful information or help from you yet, so I will be very grateful if you tell me something more Informative =)
NikPol

Postby NikPol » 18. August 2017 08:48

Nobbie wrote:How do you run Xampp if you dont know any folder?

and if you about folders that appear after XAMPP start, the path look something like that "/Users/Mac/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/volumes/root/bin/mysql" and command to create new user did not work https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4XQAlROuHoSZjdGZWdkVTRaTXc . Sorry for links, i dont know how to add photo to post
NikPol

Postby Nobbie » 18. August 2017 09:52

You applied the wrong information here, you havent Xampp for Mac OS X installed, but instead the XAMPP-VM Version (a virtual machine). I could not know that, if you dont tell it.

Unfortunately i cannot give any support for the XAMPP-VM Version, there is no documentation available and i do not have an OSX PC here. You have to ask Bitnami directly. Or use XAMPP for Mac OS X (the standard installer, not the Virtual Machine), there you will find all folders as expected.
Nobbie

Postby NikPol » 18. August 2017 17:59

Nobbie wrote:You applied the wrong information here, you havent Xampp for Mac OS X installed, but instead the XAMPP-VM Version (a virtual machine). I could not know that, if you dont tell it.

Unfortunately i cannot give any support for the XAMPP-VM Version, there is no documentation available and i do not have an OSX PC here. You have to ask Bitnami directly. Or use XAMPP for Mac OS X (the standard installer, not the Virtual Machine), there you will find all folders as expected.

Oh, many thanks. I really did not pay attention to version, when I downloaded it, it was VM. So stupid mistake. I look through all manuals and could not understand, why my XAMPP was so different :D Thank you for help)
NikPol

Return to XAMPP for macOS