Uploaded Files Don't Show up in Finder?

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Uploaded Files Don't Show up in Finder?

Postby moonwalker_repeat » 02. June 2017 05:48

So, in my environment I have Xampp installed on OS X in my living room. I manage it from my bedroom upstairs on a Windows 10 laptop. So, as you can imagine I use VNC and Filezilla a lot. Today, I uploaded a site installation package to the server and everything went fine until I actually tried to work with the files directly on the server.

When I opened the site folder it was totally empty. So, I opened Filezilla again to see if the files failed to transfer (I've been known not to notice this in the past), but there they were, sitting right on the server just like they should be. Even after a few restarts of the host, they still weren't showing up in Finder. A few minutes ago though, I looked again and they are displaying normally.

So, while this isn't a problem anymore, I'd sure like to know why this happens if anybody knows, and if their is anything to be done to resolve it because it's a pain when certain site files need to be edited and I can't get to them. (As I'm sure many of you know, editing files on Windows for sites that are hosted on Mac can cause some really weird problems I'd rather avoid.)
OS X 10.9.5
XAMPP: 5.6.30-1

I'm setting up a proper server and only need advice to repair an old Xampp installation so I can move my sites safely without breaking them. Thanks for understanding.
moonwalker_repeat

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: OSX, Windows 10

Re: Uploaded Files Don't Show up in Finder?

Postby moonwalker_repeat » 03. June 2017 03:01

Interesting cure for this. Directly on the host, drop any file into the folder and the folder contents refreshes. Interesting.
OS X 10.9.5
XAMPP: 5.6.30-1

I'm setting up a proper server and only need advice to repair an old Xampp installation so I can move my sites safely without breaking them. Thanks for understanding.
moonwalker_repeat

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: OSX, Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for macOS