Reinstalled OS X - XAMPP requires admin privileges

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Reinstalled OS X - XAMPP requires admin privileges

Postby shortchange » 02. September 2016 11:37

Hi,

I recently moved all my files onto an external hard disk and reinstalled OS X El Capitan onto my laptop. Now I've cloned the files back but when I try to open the XAMPP manager I get the message "This application requires admin privileges" (though I'm running the only user account). Is there a way to fix this?

I wouldn't mind doing a fresh install of XAMPP if there were a way to recover/migrate the database without using a web app (since I can't activate the server).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
shortchange

XAMPP version: 5.6.19-0
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Re: Reinstalled OS X - XAMPP requires admin privileges

Postby shortchange » 31. July 2017 22:33

Bump?
shortchange

Postby Beltran » 01. August 2017 14:34

Hi,

XAMPP installer requires to have admin privileges to launch the Manager application. You should start it with an user that has root privileges, if not the manager is not able to manage the servers.

You can also install it again in the new disk. For recovering a database you can use "mysqldump" command or use phpMyAdmin for that.
Beltran
Power-User

XAMPP version: 10
Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X

Postby shortchange » 02. August 2017 10:25

Thanks for your reply. I think you may have misunderstood: I'm using an admin account.

I moved my files to an external hard disk, wiped my laptop, reinstalled my OS and then manually moved my files, including XAMPP, back to my laptop. Because of this, XAMPP has become confused - presumably because it thinks it's on a different computer.

I was wondering if there's a way to change it so that it recognises this computer. That should fix the error message about the admin.
shortchange

Return to XAMPP for macOS