Please tell us the credentials you applied in WordPress and show us screenshots of PhpMyAdmin, which shows Users and Databases.
Thanks for the reply. Changing the DB username to root has got me through to the next step which returns Object not found! error.
The credentials in wp-config.php are as follows:
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
Beforehand, the wp showed numerous WordPress database error: [Table 'wordpress.wp_posts' doesn't exist]not found message.
The way I created the database named wordpress was:
1. I clicked phpmyadmin in the top XAMPP page
2. I created a database named wordpress in the MyPHPAdmin menu
3. I assigned the password to the root account.
4. I returned to http://localhost:8080/xyz.com/wp-admin and entered initial settings for the wp site.
5. I saw numerous not found message as shown above.
6. WP returned Object not found! error.
More help would be appreciated.