Remove wordpress from URL using xampp and Bitnami wordpress

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Remove wordpress from URL using xampp and Bitnami wordpress

Postby socalgordon » 09. December 2015 23:54

Hello, For the life of me I can not get this to work. I am hosting this locally to serve as an internal site for my company. It is all set up with xampp 5.6.15 and the wordpress installer from bitnami. The site is workin, but the url is "internal.companyname.com/wordpress"

I have messed around with the wp-config file and the index file in the wordpress folder and in the xampp/htdocs folder but cant get to work right. I was able to get it to go the straight URL without wordpress, but then any page or post I click on off the main page errors out.

I have read the online articles on getting to work, but they are all non xampp/bitnami installs and the paths are not the same.

Can anyone help me out? Am I missing anything?

Also, the fields in the settings/General to change the URL are grayed out.

Thanks in advance.
socalgordon

Operating System: OS X 10.10.5

Re: Remove wordpress from URL using xampp and Bitnami wordpr

Postby Nobbie » 10. December 2015 19:48

Read the Apache documentation about the configuration file of Apache (httpd.conf) and about the meaning of the entry "DocumentRoot".
Nobbie

Re: Remove wordpress from URL using xampp and Bitnami wordpr

Postby socalgordon » 10. December 2015 20:00

I ended up uninstalling the wordpress add-on from bitnami and went with a manual wordpress install from wordpress.org. Placed the contents of the wordpress folder in the empty htdocs folder, linked the sql database and everything is good.
socalgordon

Operating System: OS X 10.10.5

Return to XAMPP for macOS