$cfg['site_url']

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

$cfg['site_url']

Postby tobiesavvy » 14. February 2015 12:35

Hello everybody!

OSX 10.10.2
XAMPP 5.6.3

Pretty new with XAMPP, so hope my question isn't to dumb.

Trying to get a php-site to work, using a downloaded file. The file says this in it's readme.txt:

"1. Copy contents of folder "upload_to_server" to your server."
Does this mean I should open the "upload_to_server" folder, copy everthing inside, and past it inside Applications ▸ XAMPP ▸ xamppfiles ▸ htdocs? Or should I rename the folder, for instans "village", and than copy it into Applications ▸ XAMPP ▸ xamppfiles ▸ htdocs?

"Open "includes/config.php" and edit $cfg['db_server'], $cfg['db_username'], $cfg['db_password'], $cfg['db_database'] to be your database details, and $cfg['site_url'] to be the URL to the site with a trailing slash e.g. "http://www.example.com/""

I understand the $cfg['db_username'], the $cfg['db_password'] and the $cfg['db_database'], and I think I understand the $cfg['db_server'], if it means localhost as standard?

But I'm having trouble with the $cfg['site_url']. Would some of you be so kind and explain?

Tobie
tobiesavvy

Operating System: Mac OSX

Re: $cfg['site_url']

Postby Nobbie » 14. February 2015 14:43

tobiesavvy wrote:Or should I rename the folder, for instans "village", and than copy it into Applications ▸ XAMPP ▸ xamppfiles ▸ htdocs?

This one.

tobiesavvy wrote:if it means localhost as standard?

Yes, it means localhost.

tobiesavvy wrote:But I'm having trouble with the $cfg['site_url']. Would some of you be so kind and explain?

"site_url" is the URL which you would enter into a browser, in order to call your Xampp (localhost) Apache to show up the above mentioned software. If you put it into "village" folder under htdocs (as suggested), the site URL would be:

http://localhost/village
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS