How to set up REDCap Software in Apache Web Sever

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to set up REDCap Software in Apache Web Sever

Postby greengo123 » 31. January 2015 14:29

Who knows how to set up REDCap software in Apache Web Server?

I found the following installation instructions for REDCap. The meaning of every word is clear, but I can't figure out how to process each step. Could anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thank you!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) In the installation package ZIP file, unzip its contents and copy the "redcap" folder from the
ZIP file onto your web server at the file location that you wish to serve it from over the web.

2.) Now that the "redcap" folder is on your web server, try to access its Install Module from a web
browser by pointing your browser to the "install.php" page inside the "redcap" folder
(e.g. https://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/apps/redcap/install.php). Once you load the REDCap installation
module in your web browser, it will provide you with the rest of the instructions you will need for
completing the installation of REDCap.
greengo123

Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: How to set up REDCap Software in Apache Web Sever

Postby mfwolff » 14. March 2015 09:10

I am not really fit in OS X. But as I understand, XAMPP is installed under '/Applications/XAMPP'.

1.) In the installation package ZIP file, unzip its contents and copy the "redcap" folder from the
ZIP file onto '/Applications/XAMPP/htdocs'.

2.) Now that the "redcap" folder is on your web server, try to access its Install Module from a web
browser by pointing your browser to the "install.php" page inside the "redcap" folder.

With XAMPP it's:

Code: Select all
https://localhost/redcap/install.php

Once you load the REDCap installationmodule in your web browser, it will provide you with the
rest of the instructions you will need for completing the installation of REDCap.

I hope, it helps.

P.S.: Did you notice, there is a forum in english? This one is in german. :)
mfwolff

Operating System: Windows

Return to XAMPP for macOS