Error in Web page loading(no probs in windows)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error in Web page loading(no probs in windows)

Postby nithinmathew » 10. January 2015 10:27

After finishing the setup in mac, I am always facing the error as below. The error says no config file can be found, but I have properly indicated the file mapping in a .htaccess file. Can anyone help?

fyi, the files worked perfect on win7, only mac giving me headache.

error:
Warning: require_once(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/public/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='‘.;Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/includes’') in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/public/index.php on line 1

.htaccess file:
php_value include_path ‘.;/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/includes’
nithinmathew

Operating System: mac

Re: Error in Web page loading(no probs in windows)

Postby Nobbie » 10. January 2015 13:30

The error message clearly says, that you missed the slash before "Applications" in .htaccess

Also, your quotes in .htaccess are looking wrong. That are not single quotes (neither double quotes), check that.
Nobbie

Postby nithinmathew » 10. January 2015 14:12

Thanks for the reply, I have corrected the slash but no changes. They are single quotes, in win 7 this was the line in .htaccess- php_value include_path '.;C:\xampp\htdocs\map\includes' and it was working fine.when tested in mac by replacing the directory path, seems to result in problem.
nithinmathew

Postby Nobbie » 10. January 2015 15:10

nithinmathew wrote:They are single quotes,

The quotes displayed here in the forum are NOT single quotes. If you copy&paste that line from .htaccess, the quotes are definately wrong. You did not use the quote key (which usually is on the "#" key), but you used the quotes key from the upper keys with the number 1 to 0 (or any other). The first quote is called "back quote", you pressed Shift plus the key, and the second one is only this key, without shift.

This is a correct single quote (i enter two of them with a space between): ' '

And this is, what you entered: ‘ ’

You see the difference? Zoom in the monitor, if you cannot see the difference.

php_value include_path '.;C:\xampp\htdocs\map\includes'

These single quotes are correct, but not the other ones from your MAC.
Nobbie

Postby nithinmathew » 10. January 2015 16:07

corrected that as well. now- php_value include_path '.;/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/includes'

but nothing changes on the error:

Warning: require_once(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/public/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.;/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/includes') in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/map/public/index.php on line 1

Is there anything else wrong you can see?
nithinmathew

Postby Nobbie » 10. January 2015 17:16

Maybe you did not install the software properly, wrong file/folder permissions or whatever.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS