Installed XAMPP...Apache not starting

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Installed XAMPP...Apache not starting

Postby aweeeezy » 24. December 2014 20:57

I installed just the Apache web server a year ago for a class I took and I think this installation is what's causing trouble with my trying to run Apache with XAMPP now...

This is what happens when I try to start XAMPP:
Edit: image link not working... http://imgur.com/v7CjXjX

From what I've read with people who have a similar issue, there problem was solved by running `sudo apachectl stop`, but when I attempt this, I get "command not found: apachectl". Like I said above, I think my issue is different because I've already installed Apache a year ago (and it was operational). I tried to search for Apache folders on my computer and deleting them, but no change. I've also tried to reinstall XAMPP with no success.

Any advice?

Edit: Here's the error_log if it helps:
Aweeeezy:/ aweeeezy$ cat /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/logs/error_log
(48)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(48)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
AH00015: Unable to open logs
(48)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(48)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
AH00015: Unable to open logs
aweeeezy

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9.5

Return to XAMPP for macOS