MySQL gives FULLTEXT error on exported database

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL gives FULLTEXT error on exported database

Postby elthar » 12. November 2014 17:23

Hello, could someone please help me solve this problem? Disclaimer: me here, *complete* MySQL noob :( nothing like relational database theory got anywhere close to my majors in college, I used MySQL only as fas as creating a new DB for a personal blog to run, never further.

I have a XAMPP 1.8.3-5 on OS X Yosemite 10.10, there is a Wordpress site running on it, which I need to copy to a XAMPP 1.8.3 under Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, so I export the Wordpresses' DB to an .sql file (on express settings) and each time I try to import it under Windows, it gets to this part

Code: Select all
Indexes for table wp_posts

ALTER TABLE `wp_posts`
ADD PRIMARY KEY (`ID`), ADD KEY `post_name` (`post_name`),
ADD KEY `type_status_date` (`post_type`,`post_status`,`post_date`,`ID`),
ADD KEY `post_parent` (`post_parent`), ADD KEY `post_author` (`post_author`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related` (`post_title`,`post_content`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related_title` (`post_title`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related_content` (`post_content`);


with this error message shown then:
Code: Select all
#1795 - InnoDB presently supports one FULLTEXT index creation at a time


Not much on Google on that, so I have asked at StackOverflow first & been told to "run a few separate ALTER statements to add the keys needed" and "maybe add the fulltext index after the table has been created". But I am even below the level of knowledge required to understand what's that about :oops: though it must be something really obvious and simple to anyone working with MySQL :(

I get this is some kind of a bug with InnoDB, so does anyone know what can I do and can explain it to me in simply basic terms what to do, please? Like, go there, open that, type this. I would have read a textbook on MySQL workings if I had free time, but not enought of it right now :(
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
elthar
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 12. November 2014 16:16
Operating System: OS X Yosemite, Windows 7

Re: MySQL gives FULLTEXT error on exported database

Postby Nobbie » 12. November 2014 20:04

elthar wrote:Hello, could someone please help me solve this problem? Disclaimer: me here, *complete* MySQL noob :(


So far the wrong forum here - this is not meant for educational purpose about MySQL, this forum is meant for technical issues on OSX / Xampp issues (installation problems etc.).

elthar wrote:though it must be something really obvious and simple to anyone working with MySQL


Of course, for an educated expert this is (more or less) obvious, as always in life, but it is quite impossible to make YOU an expert with a few words. It is not "simple", neither for you nor for everybody, only for those with the appropriate knowledge. We cannot make you an expert with only one or two posts.
Nobbie
 
Posts: 8772
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04

Re: MySQL gives FULLTEXT error on exported database

Postby Altrea » 12. November 2014 20:55

Code: Select all
[...]ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related` (`post_title`,`post_content`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related_title` (`post_title`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related_content` (`post_content`);

This is not possible because it would create multiple FULLTEXT indexes at the same time which is not supported by InnoDB.

Solution: Split your single ALTER TABLE command into multiple ALTER TABLE commands.

I cannot explain it more easy.
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!

It's like porn for programmers 8)
User avatar
Altrea
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 8294
Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
XAMPP version: several
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: MySQL gives FULLTEXT error on exported database

Postby elthar » 12. November 2014 22:20

Altrea wrote:
Code: Select all
[...]ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related` (`post_title`,`post_content`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related_title` (`post_title`),
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `crp_related_content` (`post_content`);

This is not possible because it would create multiple FULLTEXT indexes at the same time which is not supported by InnoDB.

Solution: Split your single ALTER TABLE command into multiple ALTER TABLE commands.

I cannot explain it more easy.


Thank you! I did not realise that "statement" means a command to run, now that puts everything in place, thanks a lot :) I Googled the proper syntax and it fixed my problem. Thanks again!

Nobbie wrote:So far the wrong forum here - this is not meant for educational purpose about MySQL, this forum is meant for technical issues on OSX / Xampp issues (installation problems etc.).


I am sorry, but if a build of MySQL included in XAMPP is only being able to export a DB that it can't import even back into itself is a "technical difficulty"? I wouldn't call it "technical easiness" by far :lol:
Anyway, please don't delete this thread, so next time someone as clueless as me can stumble unto it.
elthar
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 12. November 2014 16:16
Operating System: OS X Yosemite, Windows 7


Return to XAMPP for Mac OS X

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest