Disaster with "unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"!!!

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Disaster with "unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"!!!

Postby gianpi » 31. October 2014 21:16

Hi everyone.
I installed the new xampp-version 1.8.3-5 and since Mysql didn’t start in Mac OS Yosemite, I followed the instruction posted here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUDYB3cBf4: insert the line „unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH“at the line 163 of the file „xampp“ and here the disaster! The folder where I had my xampp-projects were simply deleted! Is there a way to recover it? Please help me otherwise I’ll commit suicide :(
gianpi

Operating System: OS X Yosemite

Re: Disaster with "unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"!!!

Postby Nobbie » 31. October 2014 22:31

gianpi wrote:insert the line „unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH“at the line 163 of the file „xampp“ and here the disaster! The folder where I had my xampp-projects were simply deleted!

Very funny, but definately complete nonsense!!

We dont know, how and why you deleted any folders, but the "unset" commend does not delete anything. Never ever.

>Please help me otherwise I’ll commit suicide :(

Maybe "unset" already does the job.... give it a try.
Nobbie

Re: Disaster with "unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"!!!

Postby gianpi » 09. November 2014 16:56

I think I made something wrong: maybe the original folders with my projects had been overwritten with new XAMPP folder by installing the XAMPP-Update or something similar. Not so bad, I had a Time Maschine Backup even if it was not so recent, thanks again.
gianpi

Operating System: OS X Yosemite

Return to XAMPP for macOS