Having problems uploading themes on WP

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Having problems uploading themes on WP

Postby FEDE88 » 22. October 2014 08:47

Hi guys! I'm experiencing some problems with uploading themes on my wordpress website (I'm working with XAMPP, obviously :D ). Whenever I try to upload a theme in a .zip file, I get this " Impossibile creare la directory wp-content/uploads/2014/10. Verifica che la directory madre sia scrivibile dal server " which in english means " Impossible to create the wp-content/uploads/2014/10 directory. Check out whether or not is possible to write the main directory from server". So I did, I verified all of my website folder's permits, they are both allowed writing and reading. Then I tried to install a theme directly from my wordpress website, but I'm asked a host name, and FTP user and password, but given the fact that I'm working with XAMPP, I don't have them. Is there anybody who can help me? Please???
I'm Italian by the way, forgive me if I mispelled something or anything, I've been looking for answers in Italian forums for a while now, but still no answer, hope you guys can help me with this.
Thanks!!
FEDE88

Operating System: Macintosh

Return to XAMPP for macOS