no database access all of a sudden

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

no database access all of a sudden

Postby makatak88 » 12. October 2014 03:33

This question has been asked many times - but Im yet to find a solution.

Have XAMPP 1.8.3-5 installed on OSX 10.9.5 and have installed bitnami wordpress. It runs as a server from my house with a static IP and for weeks everything has worked flawlessly. 3 Days ago I installed updates for OSX and since then I cannot access any SQL Databases or PHPMYADMIN or even the cd collection on the XAMPP home page.

MySQL said: Documentation

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Thinking it could be a permissions problem I have run a verify and repair through disk utility. Following other posts with the same problem this is what I've tried:-

• opened config.inc.php and have checked the user is 'root' and the password is empty. $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; ( I definitely did not use a password). I have also tried changing $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'pma';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = ''; to root instead of pma.

• have tried line 64 in cds.php. username is still root and password is blank as it should be

• have tried accessing /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/mysql through terminal and the finder but get a 1045 access denied there too

I'm absouletly positive in did not use any password in the setup and it has been performing queries up to this point fine via JDBC ( i've also gone back and checked my code that was working & the connection string is using root and No password). I'm getting ready to pull the pin and start again. But there was quite a bit of work done on the wordpress site which will all be lost so that really not what I want to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mak
makatak88

Operating System: 10.9.5

Re: no database access all of a sudden

Postby makatak88 » 12. October 2014 06:29

small update -

I have now noticed in the xampp page under Status it has mySQL Database Deactivated.
Also under Security it has The phpMyAdmin user pma has no longer no password - secure ( as in my original post it definitely does not have a password )
& The MySQL user root has no longer no password - secure
config.inc.php definatley has no password in it

yet mysql database starts and stops fine in the xampp manager

I'm now even more confused
makatak88

Operating System: 10.9.5

Re: no database access all of a sudden

Postby makatak88 » 13. October 2014 04:03

here was my final solution.
1.Bash head against wall.
2.Cry.
3.Reinstall.