email xampp 1.7.3 - Mac

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

email xampp 1.7.3 - Mac

Postby avalanchematt » 14. January 2013 03:25

How do I configure xampp 1.7.3 Mac to send e-mail. I've been researching and all I can find is how to configure through the sendmail file of postfix file. My xampp does not have either file. Any feedback to get me headed in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Thank you
avalanchematt

Operating System: mac os X Lion

Re: email xampp 1.7.3 - Mac

Postby antoniomax » 14. February 2013 00:30

Dude as far as Im aware of, XAMPP does not need any config to send emails. It all depends on your APPLICATIONS CODE (non related to this forum).

Lets say you're using PHP, save this as a .php file and put it in the htdocs folder with yout XAMPP apache on:

Code: Select all
<?php
$to = "YOUREMAIL@example.com";
$subject = "Test mail from XAMPP";
$message = "Hello! This is a simple email message.";
$from = "steve@apple.com";
$headers = "From:" . $from;
if(mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers)) {
echo "Mail Sent.";
} else {
echo "Oops, the mail was ** NOT ** sent";
}
?>

This should give you some feedback on your mail situation. Good luck.
antoniomax

Re: email xampp 1.7.3 - Mac

Postby swill » 16. April 2013 01:44

I am also having same problem. Used example script, echos 'mail sent' but does not arrive. Can test from my site www.meexample.com and mail() works but not from xampp. Cannot find an answer. Also searched with no luck, was told to change php.ini file, smtp to mail.meexample.com and port 25, but still testing mail does not work from xampp. Anyone else have same problem and find a solution? Any help is appreciated.
swill

Operating System: MAC OS X 10.7.5

Return to XAMPP for macOS