FTP no longer works

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

FTP no longer works

Postby mbernhardt » 11. October 2012 16:07

I have not used XAMPP for nearly a year. I am using 1.7.3. In that time I upgraded to Mac OS Lion so I don't know if that is my problem, which is this: I am using xampp for Wordpress development. Whenever I need to upgrade a module, I am asked for my FTP password. This always used to work. But this morning, it does not. Xampp started up correctly as near as I can tell.

I don't know if it is a Lion security change or if I don't remember my password since it has been so long. I thought it was just my Mac administrator login, but I have also tried my Wordpress administrator account login. So, can you tell me what is wrong, and how to change my credentials if it is something other than my Mac login?

If it is due to Lion, can you please tell me how to fix this?
mbernhardt

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)

Re: FTP no longer works

Postby littlejacq » 27. October 2012 21:43

Hi, I am very new to xampp. I am having similar trouble connecting to FTP while developing with WordPress (I also have OSX lion and XAMPP 1.7.3 ). I did read that the default ftp login for XAMPP is user: nobody ; password: xampp. But I don't know what to use for the hostname. What do you use?
littlejacq

Operating System: 10.7.5

Re: FTP no longer works

Postby mikelly321 » 02. December 2012 09:27

try xampp as your user name.
mikelly321

Operating System: Mac

Return to XAMPP for macOS