Issue with phpmyadmin (Errcode: 13)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Issue with phpmyadmin (Errcode: 13)

Postby theste » 15. August 2011 09:24

Hello, this is my first post here so I'm hoping this is the right place and someone can help.

I tried to get into phpmyadmin this morning and I got this error message:
Code: Select all
Error

SQL query: Edit

SHOW PLUGINS

MySQL said: Documentation
#1 - Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/0b/0bo8Q80oEKKQjubaHY23LU+++TI/-Tmp-/#sql1632_6_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
Open new phpMyAdmin window

It was working Friday as I was exporting a database, since then nothing (that I'm aware of) has changed. I'm at a lose of what to try in order to fix this or even to get a backup of all my databases on there to reinstall XAMPP. Anyone know what is causing this and perhaps how to fix it?

*edit
I should also perhaps point out that my sites/databases still seem to be working. It looks like this is only effecting phpmyadmin.

Thank you
theste

Re: Issue with phpmyadmin (Errcode: 13)

Postby theste » 15. August 2011 09:41

I've just tried the solution posted here: http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=40606

Which didn't seem to work. Again, like other people I've set the permissions for the folder so everyone has read/write access.

think this is the same issue I posted in this post: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=38596

Basically the my.cnf file in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/ permissions must be set to 600.

Hope this helps.
I've also just tried this, but I don't seem to be able to set the permissions to 600. How do I do this?
theste

Re: Issue with phpmyadmin (Errcode: 13)

Postby JonB » 15. August 2011 18:39

I'm at a lose of what to try in order to fix this or even to get a backup of all my databases on there to reinstall XAMPP

how about using mysqldump??? (CLI) I use it on Windows and Linux - so should work on Macs as well. It basically allows you to output/dump databases to .sql files, that can then be restored.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/ ... ump.1.html

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for macOS