Export/Import

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Export/Import

Postby Lankidden » 06. March 2011 21:27

Hi Guys,
Novice user here. I am in at the deep end taking over a moderately large, very active phpBB3 Forum. I am using XAMPP via Mac OSX locally for testing purposes, and I also have live examples, but not yet public, on the Web. My problem is that the only Export function which works for me is to download Back-up databases directly from the Forum via the phpBB3 ACP. I use BigDump to upload DBs back into new DBs. The problem I have is that if I use XAMPP phpMyAdmin to export a DB, BigDump crashes with the following dialogue:-

[i]Stopped at the line 341.
At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts.
[/i]

Also, because of the limitation on DB size, phpMyAdmin cannot complete an export from the Web loaded DBs, so tech support downloaded a DB for me, but again, BigDump failed to re-upload it to a fresh DB. Unfortunately, my present level of expertise does not allow of me using SSH access to the Website to download the DB directly.

So in summary, while phpMyAdmin successfully creates new DBs for me, and allows me to edit Tables, within my very limited capabilities, at the moment I am limited to creating my Exports purely by download, without being able to utilise the exports created by phpMy Admin. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Lankidden
Oxford UK
Lankidden

Re: Export/Import

Postby MegaChriz » 07. March 2011 15:43

I'm not familiar with managing a phpBB3 Forum.
I guess the best thing you can do is ask for database access via phpMyAdmin for the live site. Most hosting providers offer phpMyAdmin to manage the database(s). With access to phpMyAdmin for the live site you will have the ability to export databases in a format that is usable for the phpMyAdmin installation on your localhost.
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Return to XAMPP for macOS