Copy Xamp Files From Win to Mac

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Copy Xamp Files From Win to Mac

Postby jose_rui_sa » 30. January 2011 23:21

Hi,

Hi, i already have xamp working on windows. Now i wont put the page working on mac.

What file i should copy to my mac?

I try copy whole folder.. Some files... Some folders...And still dont working....

Just can see.... It works...(so its well installed)
jose_rui_sa

Re: Copy Xamp Files From Win to Mac

Postby MegaChriz » 31. January 2011 15:37

XAMPP does not open with the words "It works" by default, but the built-in webserver that comes with Mac OS X does. You should disable the built-in webserver. How to do this, read my post here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=33072#p164978

The files that should be copied from your Windows installation to your Mac are the files inside htdocs.
If you have worked with databases on your XAMPP for Windows installation, you should export all your databases and import them on your XAMPP for Mac installation. This can be done with phpMyAdmin, which you can access via http://localhost/phpmyadmin on a XAMPP installation. Use the export/import tabs in phpMyAdmin for importing and exporting databases. When you export a database, choose to save it to a file to avoid issues with encodings. If you have large databases, it's better to export/import databases one by one to avoid a time-out during importing.
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby jose_rui_sa » 31. January 2011 16:02

thanks for your help...

i already export the Database, but when i try to import the DB (on mac, and win too)an error appear... I just can import the DB without any items (first DB)

if i copy hole htdocs cant open xampp on mac (maybe some different files)
jose_rui_sa

Postby MegaChriz » 01. February 2011 13:55

Sorry, I forget one thing when I said you should copy the files that are inside htdocs. If you want to use the XAMPP web application (with which you can check status, security, components, etc.) it's better to not write over any files that are already inside htdocs on the Mac installation (such as the xampp-folder). Note though that XAMPP does not need those files in order to run. You can delete them savely if you have good reasons for it. Also it's better to not replace the htdocs folder with the htdocs-folder from the Windows installation. Only copy the files inside htdocs (your websites probably).

What error do you get when you try to import the database?
By exporting the database, did you select all tables for export? They are all unselected by default in some of the older phpMyAdmin versions (prior 2.9 I think). Also ensure you have checked both 'structure' and 'data' on the export page (not sure if they were unselected by default in old phpMyAdmin versions, but could be).
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Return to XAMPP for macOS