joomla

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

joomla

Postby jeanmhealy » 11. January 2011 13:43

I have a MAC which runs on Leopard OSX operating system
I used to run an older version of Joomla on my local host, I have php, Apache and MySQL installed on the computer
As I hadn't used for a while, I decided to start again and deleted the old folders, then downloaded a newer version of Joomla, creating a new database using php My Admin
when I go to my local host page, I get the message that I am forbidden to access Joomla on this server.

I met with a friend who knows much more than I - he uploaded Joomla, and went through the installation process, but when tried to change to php.ini file (the m crypt extension wasn't working in php My Admin) and also to open up the databases within that file, he wasn't allowed to save the changes on the php.ini file.
He went into get information, and the privileges allow me to read and write, but this is not recognised and still not allowed to save these changes, and therefore no access to Joomla.
I put up a post on the Joomla forum and the response there was to install XAMPP but wonder if I have these already installed individually why I would need to do this?
I would really appreciate any help
Thanks very much
J
jeanmhealy

Re: joomla

Postby MegaChriz » 12. January 2011 15:16

You must also change the privileges of the folder where the file 'php.ini' is in, because you'll need write access to that folder too. So, give yourself read & write permissions to the folder 'etc':
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc

(Btw, there is also an alias of the folder 'etc' available. You can't change the permissions on the alias, you need to do this on the original folder which can be found in the folder 'xamppfiles'.)
(For more information about give yourself write permissions, check my post here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=39955#p158532)
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: joomla

Postby jeanmhealy » 12. January 2011 15:46

Thanks for this - I don't have XAMPP installed - the programmes are installed separately, but there may be a copy of the php.ini file so maybe I am altering the wrong one - will give it a go
Best wishes
J
jeanmhealy

Return to XAMPP for macOS