So I'll start from the beginning and try to provide step by step details so hopefully someone can tell me where I'm going wrong...
- I've installed XAMPP for Mac OS X successfully
- I started Apache & mySQL successfully
- I opened TextEdit on Mac & saved a .php file (first on my Desktop)...then I moved it into the "htdocs" folder in XAMPP. (It asked me to authenticate - so i entered my password and it went into the htdocs folder successfully
- From everything I've read...this is where the .php file is supposed to be located. (see the php code i used as a test)
- I go to the localhost... "http://localhost/testerpage.php" and I get the following error message "Warning: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0...Fatal Error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/testerpage.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/pear') in Unknown on line 0
What the heck is going on?
thanks a ton...