Hello all, I have a problem I have multiple sites in my htdocs folder which isn't a problem but in php the Document root will change when I go to production server and I don't want to have to modify all my requires and includes once I go live. Here are the steps I took per, oh, I don't know, 50 websites with tutorials on how to do it. But here are the steps I took.
1. I modified my host file.
2. I modified my httpd-vhost.conf by adding a virtual host for my local host:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
Allow From All
The idea is that if I can get this to work then I can add other virtual hosts.
3. I then uncommented the line in my httpd.conf file that says "Include /Applications/XAMPP/etc/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf"
4. I restarted my server.
5. The web page gives me a 404 Error: Object not found.
6. If I comment the line in the httpd.conf file out again I get to the local host splash page for XAMPP.
7. Help I have looked and looked and looked and looked and looked... did I say that I looked?... in Google for the solution... a lot of people have come across this same problem. And either there are no replies or the poster says, "I fixed it without posting the solution." Any one? Any one? Thanks in advance.