Diificulty getting XAMPP to run on Mac Book Pro

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Diificulty getting XAMPP to run on Mac Book Pro

Postby kkathman » 12. July 2010 00:38

I just downloaded Xampp today and installed on my Mac Book Pro. I had already had Xampp running on my iMac for about a year. When I copy my website/code from the iMac to the MacBook however, the sites seem to generate warnings that I don't see on my iMac. Mostly they are around the session_start() command.

More disturbing, is the fact that when I click on the STATUS, it says everything is DEACTIVATED...PHP, MySQL, Python..etc. Yet I do know that the program is running, just not like it should, or as it runs on my iMac. Note: the Control Panel reports that MySQL and Apache are both running.

Can anyone please offer some solutions to get this running? If not, can you offer a way to completely delete Xampp with NO traces? (I don't think sudo rm -rf /Applications/Xampp gets rid of everything.

Thanks for your help!

Korky
kkathman

Re: Diificulty getting XAMPP to run on Mac Book Pro

Postby wwashington » 13. July 2010 08:10

Hi friend, I am a MacFans too. I already deployed XAMPP 1.7.3 in my MacBook. Read this...

http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=41139
XAMPP for Mac 1.7.3 Patch
wwashington

Re: Diificulty getting XAMPP to run on Mac Book Pro

Postby wwashington » 13. July 2010 08:12

BTW, can you tell me your mail addr in private msg? I will send Xampp patch to you in mail.
wwashington

Return to XAMPP for macOS