(13)Permission denied: access to..

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

(13)Permission denied: access to..

Postby erikvold » 05. March 2010 06:10

Hello,

I've been using xampp on my macbook for about 2 years now without a problem, and setup the following site from the beginning:
Code: Select all
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName scribble.lan
    DocumentRoot "/www/scribble.lan"
    Alias /CFIDE "/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/CFIDE"
    <Directory "/www/scribble.lan">
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

And I used to use this site and others that are very similar quite often, such as one named erikvold.lan, but I haven't used it (meaning a apache site on my macbook, which I just have setup for development purposes) for a couple of months, because I've been using my desktop instead. Anyhow I tried to use the scribble.lan site today and I got the following error:
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

scribble.lan
Thu Mar 4 21:02:01 2010
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7l PHP/5.2.9 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

and in the apache error log I see the following very often:
[Thu Mar 04 19:22:30 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied: access to /index.html denied
[Thu Mar 04 19:22:30 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied: access to /favicon.ico denied

the read permissions appear correct, and I haven't changed them as I recall, in fact I don't thing anything really changed in my apache setup that I am aware of, and no one else uses this computer.. so I'm dumbfounded as to what the problem could be..

Can anyone help my out please?

Erik
erikvold

Return to XAMPP for macOS