PHP 5.3 and 6.0 issues

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: PHP 5.3 and 6.0 issues

Postby caltuna » 09. August 2010 16:02

Nobbie wrote:I am a serious programmer for many many years and this "problem" is a well known standard problem (one of many) of many many projects, i really cannot understand your behaviour in this case. Sorry for the harsh words, but it is as it is..... you clearly are the wrong man for that job and you should seriously think about doing different things than programming or administrating.

Son, I've been doing software longer than you have been on the planet. I stared at EDS with Ross Perot in 1975. I've hired hundreds of programmers in my day. But I don't hire anyone who has an arrogant personality profile like yours. Take your bad attitude to some other forum and harass someone somewhere else. We don't need it here.
caltuna

Postby Nobbie » 09. August 2010 16:20

caltuna wrote:Son, I've been doing software longer than you have been on the planet. I stared at EDS with Ross Perot in 1975.

Hi Dad, nice to have a father of same age. I started in 1976 with AEG Assembler, Fortran and Cobol on a german Operating System. In early 80s, we switched over to VAX/VMS and Motorola Unix Systems (Berceley UNIX).

I am really surprised that someone working so long in "IT" (as its called today) is that unprofessional as you.

caltuna wrote:Take your bad attitude to some other forum and harass someone somewhere else. We don't need it here.

The bad attitude is your needless comments about ereg() and your missing will to follow documentation and programming guides. At next, I am pretty sure that this forum needs by far more my over 3000 very usefull hints and tips than your rather 100 fancyless questions.
Nobbie

Postby caltuna » 09. August 2010 17:17

Nobbie wrote:I am really surprised that someone working so long in "IT" (as its called today) is that unprofessional as you.

I don't work in IT anymore. I own the company. I hire guys with your skill set, but not (often) your personality type.

The bad attitude is your needless comments about ereg() and your missing will to follow documentation and programming guides. At next, I am pretty sure that this forum needs by far more my over 3000 very usefull hints and tips than your rather 100 fancyless questions.

I'm now 62 years old. I've hired many (55+) prima donna programmers... guys your age and background... who think they are the gift from the Gods to the companies that hire them or contract with them. Of course that's until guys like me can hire a 25 year old (usually from India) who is not only better than the prima donna, but who knows all the latest "stuff" (AJAX, code foundations, model/view/control, etc.) and who is truly appreciative of having the job or the contract.

I'm sure you are an excellent programmer... very competent and knowledgable, and I actually believe that you mean well, but if the past is prologue, you are the kind of IT guy that few others want to be around because you go out of your way to make others feel bad about themselves. You are the kind of guy I hire for a one-man off-site project where you don't have to work with others. But most of the stuff I hire for is team oriented, and I just don't see you as a team player. You are a swimmer or a runner or a golfer, or a wrestler... a one-on-one or one-agaisnt-the-clock kind of guy... you're not a "Let's go team!" kind of guy. I need guys (and gals) who can work well together for a common objective. You are probably not that guy from what I can gather here.

I wish you well and I hope you continue to hang here and help others... without the bad attitude you have shown me.
caltuna

Postby Nobbie » 09. August 2010 20:25

caltuna wrote:I don't work in IT anymore. I own the company.

Like i did until 1998 (i was Owner from 1993). Since 1998 i am retired.

caltuna wrote:I wish you well and I hope you continue to hang here and help others... without the bad attitude you have shown me.

I did not show "bad attitude" - you simply wanted to understand it that way. You do not recognize that your previously given arguments "pro ereg()" were very aggressively and a pain for the forum.

Yet, I am "hanging" around as i am retired since many years but still interested in modern software architecture. If you dont like that - simply dont read it (an amazing simple solution).

Have a nice day, Dad!

caltuna wrote:You are probably not that guy from what I can gather here.

And that is one of the biggest mistakes man can do - trying to "know" people from very few words in a forum. You dont know nothing. Not one byte, even not a bit about me. You dont know, what i did in the past. You dont know who i am, you even dont know if i am female or male. This is a typical (bad) behaviour for "leaders", they believe, they can judge about people without knowing anything about them. Trust me: i was a very successfully consultant (and programmer) in a very sophisticated team and i was a very "human" leader - I never "fired" anybody (in my opinion, if I have to fire someone, i was wrong to hire him) and I would not be proud to tell anyone, that i have "fired" people. A successfully team does not have the need to fire someone. I was member of my team, even if i was "the boss" (as they liked to call me).
Nobbie

Postby caltuna » 13. August 2010 04:20

Nobbie wrote:
And that is one of the biggest mistakes man can do - trying to "know" people from very few words in a forum. You dont know nothing. Not one byte, even not a bit about me.

When you've been "around" for a while you develop an instinct for the kind of guy you would want on your term or for your boss. I can safely say, that from my own personal perspective (others will form their own opinions)... you are neither.

You dont know, what i did in the past. You dont know who i am, you even dont know if i am female or male. This is a typical (bad) behaviour for "leaders", they believe, they can judge about people without knowing anything about them.

Like it or not, we're all judged... sometimes in person, sometimes on a resume, sometimes from comments online, sometimes simply by the(ir) name. That's the way the real world works... and when you come on to a forum like this can call people you don't know "unprofessional" and basically try to make yourself look good by making someone else look bad... you are going to be judged. I've judged you. You are free to disagree, but it won't change my opinion of you (not that you should care.)

Trust me: i was a very successfully consultant (and programmer) in a very sophisticated team and i was a very "human" leader

If you say so. As I said above I'm glad I didn't work for you and I'm glad and that you never worked for me.

I wish you well.
caltuna

Postby Nobbie » 13. August 2010 10:47

caltuna wrote:I've judged you.

Of course you may - like i judged you. The only difference: you published your judgement (why ever), i did not.

I am pretty sure, that there is no one in the whole world that is interested in our judgements - therefore i kept mine for me.
Nobbie

Postby devinemarko » 07. December 2010 14:45

PHP developers have to remove an element that works. They can leave it there for the old code or make php.ini elected or something. I do not see where ereg () is a security risk. I have no problem with PHP wants us to code with certain characteristics
devinemarko

Postby joewolf » 28. December 2010 19:25

PHP 5.3 is new and you may encounter some problems (see below). If you already have a stable environment for PHP, make sure you keep a backup of your file php and current settings.
joewolf

Previous

Return to XAMPP for macOS