Hosting older versions of XAMPP (for download)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Hosting older versions of XAMPP (for download)

Postby @RandyMcMillan » 24. January 2010 03:27

I've used XAMPP for several years on OSX for Joomla development (and other stuff). Unfortunately i deleted my old version of XAMPP. And I cannot find one anywhere.
If you have the older version (I don't know a version number). Please post links to a .zip file for downloading. I will be happy to do the same.

I'm just really annoyed with the newer version. I'm not sure what they changed or why they changed it. The older version worked perfect.
@RandyMcMillan

Re: Hosting older versions of XAMPP (for download)

Postby Nobbie » 24. January 2010 11:52

@RandyMcMillan wrote:And I cannot find one anywhere.

And it's so easy: Sourceforge hosts all versions of Xampp (for all OS). Simply proceed to http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/files/ and scroll down to the "Xampp Mac OSX" Folder, open it and pick up the files you need.

@RandyMcMillan wrote:I'm not sure what they changed or why they changed it. The older version worked perfect.

The problem is not PHP, the problem is Joomla. There are many really dirty code lines in Joomla, which worked due to very weak error checking in PHP. With PHP 5.3, the error checking has been enhanced and the interpreter doesn't like any more the dirty Joomla code. As far as i know, the Joomla team is working on these problems. So dont blame PHP or Xampp, blame Joomla!
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS