Localhost - CHMOD 777 params.ini: No such file or directory

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Localhost - CHMOD 777 params.ini: No such file or directory

Postby NCADD » 14. January 2010 04:03

Hello,
I am developing a website for work and I am familiarizing myself with Joomla! on a localhost. I am trying to makes changes to the Milky Way template, but when I try to write the file in Filezilla, I am met with "CHMOD 777 params.ini: No such file or directory." I've since tried to change the permissions on multiple files and folders in Filezilla and received the same error message. I have poked around quite a bit, and the suggestions usually boil down to "contact your host." But in this case I am the host, and I am a terrible person to contact.

Any thoughts?

I honestly don't know whether this indicates a problem with Joomla!, Filezilla (though I had the same issue with Cyberduck), or my localhost setup. I don't know where to begin. I am just hoping someone here may be familiar with this error and perhaps point me in the direction of further research, etc.

Incidentally, I am using a Mac OS X Power PC G4. Thanks in advance!
NCADD

Re: Localhost - CHMOD 777 params.ini: No such file or directory

Postby Nobbie » 14. January 2010 14:14

You should urgently get a book about the User and Rightsmanagement of OSX (similar to UNIX/Linux). As long as you dont know how to manage your user rights / folder rights, you will never understand what's going on there.
Nobbie

Re: Localhost - CHMOD 777 params.ini: No such file or directory

Postby NCADD » 14. January 2010 19:16

Sound advice. Any suggestions?
NCADD

Return to XAMPP for macOS