Apache Error - dyld: Symbol not found

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache Error - dyld: Symbol not found

Postby skinnytron » 02. November 2009 23:04

I just installed XAMPP Beta V1.7.3 and before that V1.7.2 and got the following error after I installed, launched the app and tried to run Apache

dyld: Symbol not found: _apr_ldap_url_parse
Referenced from: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/httpd
Expected in: /opt/subversion/lib/libaprutil-1.0.dylib

libaprutil-1.0.dylib does exist at /opt/subversion/lib/ so I'm a little clueless.
skinnytron

Re: Apache Error - dyld: Symbol not found

Postby jmdirc » 03. November 2009 06:44

I've been playing around with 1.7.2a for the last few days. At first when I installed it, I couldn't get Apache to shut off and it would throw a mysql error as deactivated. All it took was a delete and re-install to fix the problem and to make sure I turned it off in opposite order than what I turned it on: ie., ON... Apache, mySql, ftp - - OFF... ftp, mySql, Apache. Weird... but if it works.

My understanding is the libaprutil-1.0.dylib is Apache and it is a bug -- don't know of a fix but try the reinstall or go back to an earlier version may be helpful. SourceForge

And for what it's worth, I do like 0.7.4 much better; it works fine and it is easier to find things. I don't like the pmd in the new version at all.
An artist/designer/ and now programer exploring the creative sides.
jmdirc

Return to XAMPP for macOS