I've been using XAMPP for a while on both Linux and Mac computers with great success. I recently got the questions if it's possible to customize the XAMPP package and create a zip with a certain project as the default content in htdocs.
This leads me to ask the following questions;
- Is it possible under the license to add/remove modules/libraries/binaries such as ProFTP and MySQL?
- If so, how would I remove, for example, MySQL from the bundle all together?
- Is it OK to strip out most of the XAMPP related parts such as the XAMPP Control?
- Is it OK to rename the package (i.e. the folder XAMPP gets another
- Given that all the licenses are bundled as is, are there any other licensing aspects that I should be aware of?
- If certain modules/libraries/binaries are removed, will this require a re-compile of PHP etc?
Basically, it should be a stripped bundle that only needs PHP and SQLite with a certain web application. I am very picky on giving credit where credit is due, so it's not a question of hiding the fact that it's Apache Friends work that's behind it - on the contrary. I would just need a slimmer package to distribute under a different name, if that's possible.
I would really appreciate any ideas, hints and pointers you guys can give me!