Trouble loading onto my Mac

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Trouble loading onto my Mac

Postby Mongoose47 » 20. August 2009 19:12

I am new to Joomla and having been failing in loading XAMPP onto my Mac. Per http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html I downloaded the files - xampp-macosx-1.7.2a-dev.dmg and xampp-macosx-1.7.2a.dmg. I double clicked on the dev.dmg and it opened into a new window but nothing else happened. I dragged the second file into the finder applications folder and then double clicked on it but I repeatedly get the error message "xampp macrosx-1.7.2; Resource temporarily unavailable ." I am not finding the "XAMPP Control" mentioned in the instructions. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? My MAC's operating system is 10.5.8. Thanks!
Mongoose47

Re: Trouble loading onto my Mac

Postby MegaChriz » 21. August 2009 09:43

Maybe you dragged the dmg-file to a different location before it was complety downloaded?

When a download starts, the file will be already shown, but the file isn't complete yet. When you move the file to a different location while you are still downloading it, the file could not be completed, thus leading to a error that the file could not be opened.
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Trouble loading onto my Mac

Postby Mongoose47 » 21. August 2009 15:06

I deleted everything and re-downloaded. This time it worked. Thanks!!
Mongoose47

Return to XAMPP for macOS