Netbeans and no xdebug

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Netbeans and no xdebug

Postby WebFox » 25. March 2009 19:43

I used for several years now the Windows version of Xampp and now we work on Mac's and needed to get our development environment running on Mac OSX...

1. Netbeans works fine BUT CANNOT FIND PHP Interpreter!.
Question: Which path we have to place for the PHP5 interpreter?

2. The Windows version has automatically Zend and Xdebug avilable..
The Mac version has no debugger at all, a big minus for any developer!
Question: How to install xdebug under Xampp for Mac OSX? Without that we will have to stop using Xampp and to find another solution for our development team. Would be pity.

Would need for both instructions for dummies, as we are absolute new to MAC and use it on request only for our PHP scripting.
WebFox

Re: Netbeans and no xdebug

Postby kleinweby » 25. March 2009 20:36

Hello,

WebFox wrote:I used for several years now the Windows version of Xampp and now we work on Mac's and needed to get our development environment running on Mac OSX...

1. Netbeans works fine BUT CANNOT FIND PHP Interpreter!.
Question: Which path we have to place for the PHP5 interpreter?

/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/php

WebFox wrote:2. The Windows version has automatically Zend and Xdebug avilable..
The Mac version has no debugger at all, a big minus for any developer!
Question: How to install xdebug under Xampp for Mac OSX? Without that we will have to stop using Xampp and to find another solution for our development team. Would be pity.

Compiling an extension may be diffcult. And there are some bugs in 0.7.4 which makes this even harder ;) If your using XAMPP for Mac OS X 0.7.4 and are running on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5, I've compiled xdebug for you and you can download it here.

I assume the xdebug.so file is now in your Downloads/ Folder:

Open an Terminal (You can find it in the Utilities) and type:
Code: Select all
cd Downloads
sudo cp xdebug.so /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/lib/php/php5/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/

The last line asks you for your password. While you type it in it will not show what you type.

Now simply add
Code: Select all
zend_extension="/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/lib/php/php5/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/xdebug.so"

to your php.ini and xdebug should work.

Greets,
kleinweby
kleinweby
AF Moderator

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7

Postby WebFox » 11. April 2009 11:24

Thx a lot, will give it a trail, I was some time out of office but will try to set all tomorrow and then post the results.
WebFox

Postby argosen » 15. June 2009 08:46

I try this with Leopard 10.5 and XAMPP for Mac OS X 1.0.1.
When I execute phpinfo() command, there is not any info about xdebug, so I think that it doesn´t works.
Please, can anyone splain how I can compile a xdebug.so for my XAMPP version, and what I need to add to php.ini to work? :oops:
argosen

Return to XAMPP for macOS