Tidy support

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Tidy support

Postby richardfriedman » 18. September 2008 19:17

I had asked a while back how to add Tidy into LAMP version of XAMPP, there was never a real response. I recently had the opportunity to have the same issue on a mac, this time I figured it out. Here are my notes.

I am far from knowledgeable on building PHP/APACHE/... and really did not find any notes on how to build XAMPP. So, I 'futzed' around to get it to work. My goal was simple to add TIDY into PHP (--with-tidy). Also prior to a few days ago I never touched a mac ( I primarily use linux and windows ).

Building PHP with XAMPP (+tidy)

1. Get XAMPP for MAC (installed /Applications/xampp)

2. Get XAMPP Developer for MAC (unpack /Users/richardfriedman/Documents/BuildPHP/xamppfiles)

3. Copy XAMPP developer into XAMPP Installation
-- Note: This leaves XAMPP with all the developer stuff as well (good, bad or otherwise).
cd /Applications/xampp
sudo cp -R /Users/richardfriedman/Documents/BuildPHP/xamppfiles/ ./xamppfiles/

4. Get PHP download (unpack /Users/richardfriedman/Documents/BuildPHP/php-5.2.6)

5. Modify ext/tidy/tidy.c from the downloaded PHP (step 3) as documented in this link, http://sarth.thallos.org/2008/01/php-52 ... issue.html.
-- Basically move #include "tidy.h" to the top.
***** XAMPP FRIENDS That one change in your build system can get TIDY in ? ********

6. Here is where the FUTZing starts. Figure out a set of options for ./configure that worked for me.
This is really close to the original one specified. Only two differences I had added
+ --with-tidy
* --with-pgsql=shared,/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles (it was /usr)

cd /Users/richardfriedman/Documents/BuildPHP/php-5.2.6

./configure --with-pear=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/lib/php/pear --with-zlib-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-zlib=yes --with-zip --with-tidy --with-xsl=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --without-xpm --with-regex --with-pgsql=shared,/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-pdo-mysql=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-sqlite --with-openssl=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-ncurses=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-mysqli=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/mysql_config --with-mysql-sock=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/var/mysql/mysql.sock --with-mysql=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-mssql=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-ming=shared,/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-mhash=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-mcrypt=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-libxml-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-ldap=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-imap-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-imap=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-iconv=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-gettext=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-gdbm=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-ftp --with-expat-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-dom=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-freetype-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-ttf --with-png-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-jpeg-dir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-gd=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-curl=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --with-bz2=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --enable-zend-multibyte --enable-yp --enable-xslt=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles --enable-wddx --enable-trans-sid --enable-track-vars --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvsem --enable-sockets --enable-soap --enable-sigchild --enable-shmop --enable-safe-mode --enable-pcntl --enable-mbregex --disable-mbregex --enable-mbstring=all --enable-memory-limit --enable-magic-quotes --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-gd-imgstrttf --enable-ftp --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-filepro --enable-exif --enable-dom --enable-discard-path --enable-dbx --enable-dbase --enable-ctype --enable-calendar --enable-bcmath --disable-debug --with-apxs2=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/Applications/xampp/etc --includedir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5 --libdir=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/lib/php/php5 --program-suffix=-5.2.6 --prefix=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles

7. make

8. sudo make install

9. Renaming some files...
cd /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin
sudo mv php-5.2.6 php-5.2.6.xampp
sudo mv php-5.2.6.dSYM php-5.2.6
richardfriedman

Return to XAMPP for macOS