installing xdebug

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

installing xdebug

Postby groovecoder » 20. December 2007 17:36

I just had to upgrade my xdebug and though I might list my experience here in case others have a problem with it.

because pecl doesn't seem to work right in MAMPP, I had to follow the "install from source" directions. http://xdebug.org/docs/install

you have to explicitly give MAMPP's php-config, or else it will use the default Mac OS X one ...

./configure --enable-xdebug --with-php-config=/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/php-config

but this only halfway works. you still need to make this modification to the generated Makefile (and you have to have the xampp "developer package" installed):

INCLUDES = -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5/php -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5/php/main -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5/php/TSRM -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5/php/Zend -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5/php/ext -I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include/php/php5/php/ext/date/lib

basically, you need to manually add the:
-I/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/include

after that, you should be able to make, and then follow the rest of the xdebug install instructions.

think the explicit php-config and/or the extra include could go towards fixing pecl as bundled with xampp? would be great to have pecl work "out of the box"
groovecoder

Return to XAMPP for macOS